Welcome to another installment of Glamorous in Real Life, the brainchild of Marcy.
In this episode we examine how one woman’s biggest daily challenge has shifted from: “Should I have Greek, Thai, Mexican or Middle-Eastern food for lunch?” to “What ingredient can I add to this box of mac and cheese to make it stretch?”
Welcome to SAHM life. In a crapola economy. Where the husband is doing quite well but must travel out-of-state to achieve this. Where the toddler and teenage daughters continue to demand excessive amounts of stuff while their MomZombie is ready to employ Scarlett O’Hara’s methods of style and beauty. (Think curtain rods and cheek pinching.)
Consider these recent glamorous observations that make me feel oh-so pretty, happy and grrrr……
1. I spend too much time in my kitchen and not enough time in my bedroom.
2. I get up first, go to bed last, yet everyone else in my house “needs a nap.”
3. I have one child who clings to me like a spider monkey and another who flees the room like a cockroach when the light goes on.
4. I have had one-too-many shower-optional days lately.
5. The longer I stay out of the workplace, the more daunting it seems to go back.
6. The longer I go without a paycheck in my name, the more outdated my wardrobe becomes. (Clinton and Stacey, do you hear me?)
7. And it follows that the less money I have to work with, the more pretty shiny things I want.
8. The more obsessive about cleanliness I get, the more trashed my house becomes.
9. And it follows that when my house is at its very nadir of filth, including cat vomit in the entrance hall, the doorbell rings.
10. And it follows that it will be a hot guy conducting a poll. I will not have showered. Something most likely will have just been scorched on the stove. I’ll just be happy I have on my “dress” flip flops.
Be sure to check back with Marcy for more G.I.R.L. stories.