In the spirit of David Letterman, who seems to be embroiled in a bit of scandal, I offer you my Top 10 reasons why I haven’t been and may not be posting much in the next week or so:
10. The default font on my WordPress theme makes my eyes cross.
9. Our household Internet service is like Montgomery Burns: slow, spotty and ruthless.
8. The cat keeps jumping on the keyboard and hitting the delete key.
7. My drafts folder is brimming with half-written posts but none ready to go.
6. My youngest has started preschool, which gives me a few hours a week of me time. When she is home, she wants all of me, too. Not conducive to blogging.
5. My oldest is going to homecoming this weekend and the planning is endless.
4. Both a door knob and a window crank on our house have broken simultaneously, coinciding with the recent drop in temperature. Neither of these original hardware items in our 68-year-old home can be fixed quickly or affordably.
3. I have members of a committee coming to my house in two days to inspect it as part of an application process I am in. I am on a cleaning and organizing frenzy. Not sure how to steer attention away from open, broken window.
2. My childcare for the week is mostly nonexistent.
1. I have found temporary work, which is my No. 1 priority.