On this day of change, when old Mr. 2008 hobbles out of the room on a cane to his deathbed, when the squalling of a newborn is heard in the distance, the birthing of Little Baby 2009 is under way, I’m taking a moment to recognize folks who’ve taken the time to either read this blog, promote or champion me in some way, invited me to join in their particular brand of madness or interests, or have somehow done something nice for me. It could simply be that what they do brings a smile to my face.
As Major Frank Burns once said to Margaret “Hot Lips” Houlihan on ”M*A*S*H”:
“It’s nice to be nice to the nice.”
Yes, Frank, it is. So, without further adieu, allow me to present chocolates, fine liqueurs, red roses and cigars to the following:
- Barking Mad — Auds, you write from the heart on a number of tough issues. I appreciate your candor and your support both personally and blog-related. All the best in this new year.
- Foolery — You invited me to BlogHus, and by extension to be a BlogHussy, when there was no room at the BlogHer Inn. You are a tireless blogging cheerleader, storyteller and creative force.
- Glamourous Life — without your monthly GIRL parties, I’d never have discovered my own “inner glamour.” Thanks for the fun — especially the Swedish rock bands and retro advertising. Oh, those Swedish rock bands …
- Dharma Bum — Writer, artist and practicing Buddhist, on the path to enlightenment. Thanks for noticing me, the one crawling up the side of the embankment toward the path to enlightenment. I’ll make it someday.
- Mom Who Drinks and Cusses — I appreciate your humor and honesty, particularly in the area of family matters.
- I should be napping — a.k.a. Tanya, cool band member, artist, craftster and mom from Vancouver. You made me Favorite Web Personality No. 5. Extra box of chocolates for you!
- Alias Liz Jones (who’s hiding from me right now) — wherever you are, you were my No. 1 fan, you made me laugh with every post you wrote on your blog, and you were a constant support. Come back soon, won’t you?
- JD at I Do Things — thanks for the advice and for making me smile with every post. JD, you are the ultimate blogger: you post early and often, you nurture your readers, you respond to every comment. How cool is that?
- Suz Broughton — Thanks for taking an interest in a grown woman who plays with Fisher Price Little People all day.
- Mama Mary — whom I met through NaBloPoMo — thanks to your Dead Dad’s Club and book project (Click on over to her blog and check it out.) you gave me a much-needed poke in the ribs last November to explore some issues I’ve kept buried in the back yard for 13 years. Good luck with your publishing endeavor. I can’t wait to see the final product.
- Wreke Havoc — Thanks for the support and all the musical memories. Best of health and happiness in 2009.
- Salsa in China – This is more of a one-way relationship: You write and photograph your amazing life with the Twinadoes and we read and watch. Special thanks from my Girl from the East, who asks daily to “see the twins.” Thanks for opening a window into your world.
- Suburban Kamikaze — Nobody does what you do better. Hands down, you can drive a point home harder and faster and wittier than anyone I read. Humbled, and envious, but glad you are out there.
- And finally — all you anonymous readers, whoever you are, thank you. All the best to everyone in 2009!