OK. this is a stretch.
The creative group over at Suburban Kamikaze tagged me as I was bailing water out of my tent last weekend to do a Seven meme. I didn’t really get it because as I’ve mentioned, my cranium is filled with cake batter.
Then the powers that be over at Humble Origins participated in a similar meme with the number Seven in it. While I wasn’t tagged by name, I could jump on the Seven bandwagon if I so desired. Seven is lucky, right? Seeing as I probably need to do a little soul-searching and reflection, here it goes:
SEVEN THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE:
2. Get a tattoo to commemorate Girl from the East. (I already have one for Girl from the West.)
3. Learn Mandarin well enough to speak it in China.
4. Relocate to the Rockies or west of the Rockies.
5. Love the skin I’m in.
6. Discover a new career/life’s work.
7. Travel as much as I can to as many continents as I can.
SEVEN THINGS I CAN DO:
1. Make a complete fool out of myself without much effort.
2. Decorate/paint (walls, etc.) fairly well.
3. Live for several days out of one backpack.
4. Read a book in one sitting.
5. Do a vocal impression of Louis Armstrong singing “It’s a Wonderful World”. Also, several cartoon characters, including Marvin the Martian, and the Cowardly Lion from “The Wizard of Oz.”
6. Touch the palms of my hands flat to the floor while tucking my head between my knees. (The job offers just keep rollin’ in ….)
7. Eat with chopsticks.
SEVEN THINGS I CANNOT DO:
1. Sing well or play a musical instrument. (wish I could!)
2. Walk on stilts
3. Pay someone to give me a manicure/pedicure.
4. Pay someone to wax any part of my body.
5. Pay high prices for designer label clothing/shoes/purses.
6. See the hidden images in the Magic Eye 3-D posters of the 1990s. (See below).
7. Get a decent night’s sleep.
SEVEN THINGS THAT ATTRACT ME TO THE OPPOSITE SEX:
1. Brown eyes.
2. Dark hair.
3. Intelligent sense of humor.
4. Sense of adventure.
5. Minimal hairiness.
SEVEN THINGS I SAY MOST OFTEN:
1. What in blazes?
2. Toodles. (Obnoxious, I know.)
3. All right … who did (insert offense here)?
4. All right … who didn’t (insert offense here)?
5. I’m hungry.
6. Why doesn’t this fit?
7. I need a glass of wine.
SEVEN CELEBRITIES I LIKE/ADMIRE:
1. Jack White
2. Mary-Louise Parker
3. Elizabeth Perkins
4. Johnny Depp
5. Jack Nicholson
6. Frances McDormand
7. Julia Louis-Dreyfus
SEVEN FAVORITE FOODS:
1. Southwest food.
4. Chinese/Japanese/Thai food.
5. Middle-Eastern food.
7. Kettle corn.
Well, seeing as I’m a rather shy person and don’t like going around tagging folks, I’ll probably just hide behind a tree and toss something at your shoulder as you pass me by. If you happen to notice it, you are it.